12.17.2011

Moments

"A thousand times I've failed, still your mercy remains..." -Inside Out, Hillsong
As I'm driving late at night with hardly anyone on the roads, it's the perfect time for worship for me.  I can be alone with God and get lost in his love.  I feel the chills and warmth, almost as if He is resting his hand on my shoulder.  It's the moment when I realize He has total control over my life.  I feel embraced while listening to one of my favorite songs, "Inside Out" By Hillsong plays next on my iPod.  It's a beautiful moment.  I capture these moments every so often, not as often as I should.  But when I do catch them, it feels so genuine. I arrive at my destintion and put the car in park.  It's cold tonight. 32 degrees reads on my dashboard and snow falls so slowly and quietly.  The snowflakes are large, but spread out.  It's like a scene from a movie.  I want to stay and finish the song that's playing, but truely I don't want this moment to end.  As I am taking it all in, I observe more of the snowflakes that are falling on my windshield.  I wonder if we are like them in Christ. 
 Are we just snowflakes falling slowly into our destinations in life?  Will the destination be a life with Jesus Christ and stay for awhile in a pile of snow? Or will it just disappear in the darkness and melt away on the hood of my car?
I am craving for a life with Him. 
An old friend of mine and I had a conversation when I got back from Florida this summer about how hungry we were for Him, but didn't know where we would fit in.  It was easy to be hungry this summer because I was surrounded by so many others who were dedicated to Him.  I am sad to say that I haven't kept this craving that I had.  Maybe its because of my enviornment.  Which isn't negative, but definetly not the same as the one at Life Church.  It comes and goes.  That's not how I want to live my life.
We all need to be commited just like He is for us.  We need to do the same. 

1 Chronicles 16:34Give thanks to God—he is good and his love never quits. Say, "Save us, Savior God, round us up and get us out of these godless places, So we can give thanks to your holy Name, and bask in your life of praise." Blessed be God, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Then everybody said, "Yes! Amen!" and "Praise God!"

His mercy and grace never leaves us, so we shall never leave Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment