9.17.2011

Changing seasons...and life.

Well it's becoming evident that The Good Lord is really in control of my life right now.  I would have never planned for the last 2 weeks to have gone the way the did.  The weather is getting cooler and fall is setting here in Ohio (of course with the occassional "hot" day).   It's a feeling which I have missed.  Football games, warm colors, hot chocolate and jackets.  But my favorite season is bringing me a different reality this year. 

It's hitting me hard that I'm a senior in College and unlike High School, I won't be going back to more schooling (at least not next year).  I'm going to have to enter the working world. 
FULL TIME. 
I'm excited for it, but preparing myself for it is the challenge. Balancing the transition while trying to do well this year is so overwhelming. 

I have a song that is summing up my feelings about this.  It's funny how music can speak to you. They are expressive to how you are feeling at that moment and can sometimes provide a solution. 

"So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young, So I play the numbers game to find a way to say that life has just begun"
-"Stop This Train"-John Mayer

I wish some things were different sometimes.  We all do. But thats life. That's the story that The Lord has written for us.  We need to understand that.  There are things we can alter, but if we do our best at something and it doesn't turn out the way we want, then accept that maybe it's not supposed to happen.  And it's going to be hard. It's always difficult when you desire something so bad, you plan as best you can to contain it, but you're going to be fine.  I'm going to be fine.  Live the life He would want.  Never forget what the most important things are in life.  Everything will come together in His plan for you.  Just like I said in my last post, Jeremiah 29:11.  

I want to close out with the lyrics from "Stop This Train" that provided a solution for me.

"See once in a while when it's good, It'll feel like it should...
And they're all still around
And you're still safe and sound
And you don't miss a thing...until you cry when you're driving away in the dark"



No comments:

Post a Comment